Motorcycle Hit and Run Lawsuits

A motorcycle accident is bad enough, but it’s even worse when it’s a hit and run accident. It’s important to understand motorcycle hit and run accidents, so you know when you have legal recourse. Here is what you need to know about motorcycle hit and run accidents and when you can file a motorcycle hit and run lawsuit.

What Is a Hit and Run?

When you’re in an auto accident of any kind, you have legal obligations to any other parties involved. The most important legal obligation is that you’re supposed to stop and exchange information with the other party or any law enforcement officers in the area. When you don’t do this, you’re neglecting your legal duty and making it difficult for the other party to file an insurance claim.

Keep in mind that in some cases, a driver may temporarily leave the scene and return shortly after. In cases like these, it becomes a bit more difficult to determine whether or not it’s a hit and run.

Motorcycle Hit and Runs

Motorcycle accidents are considerably more dangerous than automobile accidents because motorcycles don’t offer the protection a regular vehicle does. Unfortunately, that doesn’t stop people from fleeing the scene of a motorcycle accident. In fact, you may never figure out who exactly was responsible for your motorcycle hit and run accident.

A motorcycle accident attorney can still help you get some sort of compensation even if you have no idea who was responsible for your motorcycle hit and run accident. Just because you don’t know who the other driver was doesn’t mean there aren’t other responsible parties or municipalities. If you find yourself the victim of a motorcycle hit and run accident, speaking to a motorcycle accident attorney is the best way to ensure you receive compensation.

When you’re looking for a motorcycle accident attorney you can trust, look no further than The Troutman Law Firm. We have years of experience helping people like you get the compensation they deserve. To learn more or schedule a consultation today, give us a call at (407) 647-5002.

Related Posts